If you are a bride-to-be, I am sure you are experiencing a huge roller coaster of mixed emotions right now. A Wedding is a life-changing milestone in any woman’s life, and it is normal to feel the pre-wedding jitters. You want to look your stunning best, this for comes from a lot of planning and detailing. Most of us dream of a dreamy fairy-tale wedding and tend to get anxious about the minutest of details. Your wedding trousseau, jewellery, footwear, makeup, attires for different festivities, and the list is endless. Here is a list of things which are absolute must-haves for a bride:
The Bridal essentials:
- A Sharara set or an embellished Lehenga set: This could be your outfit for the D-day, or it could be great attire for pujas, sangeet and mehendi too. Mirror work lehengas add to your glitz and glamour and you will look like a million bucks.
- The traditionals – Kanchivaram/Banarasi sarees: Though modern designer wear looks astounding, there is something very appealing about the good old intricate conventional finery, which is hard to ignore. Match them with unorthodox, daring sexy blouses, and you are all set to be a show-stopper.
- Wing the Bling – Be it your footwear, clutch, hair accessories, jewellery, your outfits – aren’t weddings about being bombastic. So bring on all the style and the bling!
- Don’t miss out on the classic antiques: An Indian bride needs her bangles, jumkis, kundan neckpieces, embellished necklaces, and traditional showpieces. These can be matched with any outfits to make it stand out more.
- Heavy Anarkali suits, casual wear, and Kurtis, multicolour dupattas, are some of the must-haves of your bridal wardrobe.
- Sexy underclothes: Choose innerwear which fits you well. When you believe in what you are wearing, it makes all the difference. Satins are not comfortable if you need to wear them for long.
- Comfortable nightwear: You are going to be in day-long festivities, and finally, when put your feet up at night, you certainly want to be in those cozy pyjamas.
- Bags/clutches/totes – You never know what you need to carry along. Even though you have family and friends doting on you, keep what you need with you. Be it your meds, your eyeliner, lip gloss, hairbrush, keep them within your reach.
- Pair of flats, juthis, or Kohlapuris: This comfortable footwear can be paired with any outfit, and you can’t go wrong with your choice.
- Your Makeup essentials: You know what works well with your skin, hair, etc. and keep those beauty products handy. Also have sindoor, tissues, a sewing kit, blotching paper, tweezers, bobby pins, safety pins along with the makeup kit.
- Medicine kit: The long wedding routines can take a toll on you. Keep your meds handy, so if you have a terrible headache or body aches, you could pop them in. Also, keep a pack of tampons/pads.
It is good to be prepared and plan in what you need and what not as part of your wedding packing. I hope this guide proves useful to cherish the most treasured moments of your life.